I have mentioned in past blog posts that I decided to start applying for things I didn’t have the nerve to apply before. I also applied for a lot of festivals I’ve never done, residencies that look interesting, and even a grant.
Unbelievably, I’ve gotten several acceptance letters this week. I feel almost giddy as they come pouring in. Here’s a few I got this week:
- Paper Birch Landing Gallery – June 15th is the art reception for the juried show that I was accepted into at Paper Birch Landing Gallery in North Kansas City.
- Maker Faire Pop-Up – I am super excited to get accepted into the Strawberry SwingMaker Faire Pop-Up at Union Station June 23-24th. This will be my first time doing a show with them, but I’ve heard positive things!
- Buttonwood Art Space – I also got into the juried art show “Bloom” at Buttonwood Art Space in Kansas City. The reception for that event will be the First Friday of July. They accepted 3 of my pieces and one thing I love about the show is that 30% of anything that sells goes to the non-profit organization, Halo. The organization is dedicated to helping homeless children.
- KC Irish Festival – I was accepted into the Kansas City Irish Festival Art in the Park. This festival takes place August 31-Sept 2 in Washington Park across from Crown Center. I’m super excited to be part of this festival for the first time. (Did I mention that I just got my DNA report back today and it shows I’m 68% Irish)?!
- OP Fall Festival – I was accepted into the Overland Park Fall Festival Sept 29th in Overland Park, KS. I’ve attended this small festival for a few years now and thought it would be fun to actually participate this year.
- Potential Artist Residency – So this one is a bit tricky. I say potential because I didn’t actually win, but I did get waitlisted. I wasn’t sure how to feel about this. It wasn’t really an acceptance letter, but it wasn’t a rejection either. So, I guess I’ll just wait and see if I get bumped up the list. I’ll keep you posted of whether or not I’ll be headed to Colorado in August for a few weeks.
If you’re in the Kansas City area, I hope that you’ll come out and see me at one of the events!